If you're planning an anniversary celebration, coming up with activities can be the trickiest part. How can you honor the couple and simultaneously entertain the guests?
Here are some ideas to bring life and magic to your upcoming anniversary celebration.
1. How Well Do You Know The Couple?
You can involve all the guests by letting them find out how much they know about the honored couple. Before the party, gather answers to questions about the couple, such as:
- How did they meet?
- Where was their first date?
- Where was their first kiss?
- Where did they get married?
- What time did they get married?
- What was their wedding song?
- What year was their first child born?
- What's their favorite activity to do together?
- Where is their favorite place to travel?
- How many grandchildren do they have?
At the party, pass out paper and pencils and read out the questions. Guests can write down their answers, making their best guess. Once they've answered all the questions, read out the answers. Guests give themselves one point for each correct answer. The people with the most points get a prize.
2. Dance Lesson
Choose a dance style that was common when the honored couple was growing up, such as swing, waltzing, or disco. Or, choose a popular line dance from the couple's younger days. Hire a dance instructor or a dance-loving friend to teach the dance to the guests. Make sure the honored husband and wife are the featured dancers on the dance floor!
3. Do You Remember When?
This game is similar to "How Well Do You Know the Couple?" and lets guests reminisce about the year the couple got married. Guests write down answers to questions like:
- How much did a gallon of milk cost?
- What team won the World Series?
- Who won an Oscar for best actor and actress?
- Who was president of the United States?
- What Disney animated movie came out?
Again, the guests with the most right answers get a prize.
A similar game is "Name that Tune" for the era. Play a ten-second clip of a song from the year the couple got married. Guests earn a point by guessing the right title of the song.
4. Video Tribute
In the months leading up to the party, create a video tribute to the honored couple. Record interviews of their children and best friends talking about memories of them. Assemble photographs of the couple throughout the years and include those in the video as well.
5. Him Or Her?
This game puts the couple on the hot seat and tests whether they think alike. Have the couple sit in front of the guests. They should sit back-to-back so they can't see each other. Give them each two signs: one with the husband's name and one with the wife's name. Ask questions like the following:
- Who does the dishes more often?
- Who is the loudest snorer?
- Who is most likely to go to the opera?
- Who is most likely to make a free-throw shot?
- Who is most likely to take control of the TV remote?
The husband and wife cast their votes for each question by raising the corresponding sign. Guests will enjoy learning more about the couple and what they think about each other.
The right activities can turn a boring anniversary party into a priceless memory. Use these ideas to create an anniversary party you'll never forget.
If you plan to hold the anniversary celebration outdoors, you'll want to create a comfortable setting for guests. Turn to B & T Rents to rent tents, stages, dance floors, tables, chairs, and other party decorations.